POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Logo cut from cylinder : Logo cut from cylinder Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Logo cut from cylinder
From: Carl
Date: 9 Apr 2007 15:35:01
Message: <web.461a94952a2d760870dc520d0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

   I had a quick question.  I've made this logo seen here:

http://www.wwwmwww.com/images/MyLogo.png

It's a simple prism and starts something like this:

  #declare wwwmwww = prism {
    linear_sweep
    bezier_spline
    0, // sweep the following shape from here ...
    10, // ... up through here
    348, // the number of points making up the shape ...

However instead of cutting this logo out of a sheet, I'd like to cut it out
of a hollow cylinder with some wall thickness.  Instead of specifying
basically x and y, I'd like to specify something like theta and y.  Think
of it as a laser cutting out the logo as it moves up and down along the
axis of the cylinder and points in the direction of theta.  Is that
possible?

I'm not the best at describing what I want but I hope that gets the point
across.

Thanks,
Carl